Workin' It- Balancing Work and Home Life

Today I'm linking up with Shay and Erika for their monthly Workin' It Wednesday on a Monday. :) Today I'm sharing all about how I balance life at work and home.

1. Plan Ahead
I try my best to plan ahead for the week starting on Sunday evenings. I've always been a planner and if I don't plan ahead for the week I'm usually running behind and it throws off my entire day. I usually plan my outfits for the week on Sundays and do my best to meal prep for the week on Sundays or at least pack my lunch a day ahead of time if I don't meal prep. I also do small things like getting our coffee ready and planning my breakfasts every night to prepare for the next day.

2. Get up Early
This is something that I have just started doing in the past six months, but it has made a huge difference. I'm usually up by 4:30 each morning. I can get a lot done by getting up earlier than usual each day. I had been struggling to find time to read my bible daily and getting up extra early has allowed me to have time to do that each morning. I'm also able to get to work earlier and get more done in the mornings when I get up early.

3.Use my Time at Work Wisely
It can be easy to get off track at work when thinking of the huge "to do" list that I have to complete. I try to focus on one task at a time and use all my extra time such as lunches and planning periods to get work done. By doing this and coming in a little early each morning, I have less to take home with me in the evenings.

4. I Very Rarely Bring Work Home on the Weekends
I work hard and try my best to get a lot accomplished during the school week so that I don't have to bring things home on the weekends. As a teacher, sometimes it is inevitable, but I'm much happier if I can spend my weekend focused on my husband and family. This gives me a good break from school work and I can go in on Monday ready to get things done.

These are just a few small things that I do each week to try to keep my home life/work life balanced, but I could ALWAYS use more tips. I'm so excited to see what some of your tips are!

XOXO

4 comments

  1. Wow 4:30 is so early! What time do you go to bed? I'd love to be better at waking up earlier but I get so productive around 9-11 at night. That's when I get the majority of my chores and planning done! Love your tips though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't always been a morning person so it has taken a lot of adjustment and a lot of coffee! I usually lay down to go to bed anywhere from 8:30-10. Regardless of what time I get up I'm usually so tired in the evenings after working and cooking dinner that I don't feel like doing much,so mornings just work better for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I think we could be twins! I feel like I just read a post about myself.. I plan my outfits and meals the weekend before. In addition, I wake up early and get to work early. I used to use all of my lunch and planning period to plan, but now I'm able to eat lunch with my colleagues some days. Life as a teacher can be tough, but it helps being a planner like us!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to planning ahead! If I don't then I definitely feel out of wack and off. I am an early riser, too, and it's amazing how much more you can get done with that extra morning time!

    ReplyDelete