Life Lately

Hey y'all! Today I'm linking up with Erika for Tuesday Talk. I have seriously been slacking in the blogging department lately. I've had posts planned for the past two weeks and they just didn't happen. I'm hoping to get back on track this week. Since it's been so long, I thought I'd share a little about what's been happening with us here lately.

I started working at our schools Summer Program the first week of June, and will finish up with that at the end of next week (insert praise hands here). I've been working with Kindergarten and First grades and our class has about 22 students per day, which is a pretty big number for summer. We've been visiting the waterpark twice a week and going on weekly field trips and I am WORN OUT. Keeping up with 22 five and six year olds at the waterpark is a tough job y'all. Although I'm going to miss these sweet kiddos, I'm more than ready to enjoy the rest of my summer. ;)


We've been making the most of our summer weekends with days spent out on the lake.

And date nights in the evenings..

We love double dates with my brother and sister in law. ;)

We've spent our Sunday mornings at church, followed by our favorite Mexican restaurant (El Max) for lunch, grocery shopping, and lazy afternoons.

We love evenings spent front porch sittin'.

At summer school we've been talking all about travel, and incorporated a little lesson on the continents and oceans. Our students loved being able to make their own "oceans" last week.

Another Saturday spent with my favorite guy. We had the BEST time hiking and enjoying the waterfall at Cummins Falls State Park last weekend.

A Saturday night spent in Nashville with my bestie seeing one of our favorites in concert was just what I needed.

The concert was even better when she brought out some surprise guests, her husband, Eric Decker...

And former bachelorette Kaitlyn Bristow...

And Kaitlyn's fiancé from the show, Shawn Booth. If you're as huge of a bachelor/bachelorette fan as we are this was the best surprise.

A spontaneous Sunday afternoon shopping trip with my momma was so much fun.
 
And this past weekend, we celebrated our 1 year anniversary in Nashville.
 
I can't believe it's already been a year since I married my best friend.

That's it for today!
XOXO


2 comments

  1. Happy Anniversary! My husband and I just celebrated our first year too! I love your ocean you created! Such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Front porch sittin' is the best! What a great surprise with all of the celebrities for you all in Nashville!

    ReplyDelete