What's Up Wednesday

Happy Wednesday y'all! Today is the last Wednesday of the month, which means I'm linking up with Shay for What's Up Wednesday.
 
Like usual, we're answering these questions...
 
 
Let me just start by saying.. How is it possible that June is almost over?! This month has gone by SO fast. Thankfully, this is my last week of summer school and then I'll have about four weeks left to really enjoy some time off this summer before school starts back in August.
 
WHAT WE'RE EATING...
Over the weekend we went to a friend's wedding and had some awesome BBQ.
 
And on Sunday after church we stopped by my FAVORITE café for lunch and I had the Caprese Pizza and it was delicious.
 
I also made these Mexican Stuffed Shells recently and they were a hit!
 
WHAT I'M REMINSCING ABOUT...
We celebrated our 1 year anniversary on June 18th and I've been reminiscing about our wedding day all month long.
 
Reminiscing back on our wedding day has me also reminiscing on our honeymoon. We LOVE 30A.  I need a beach trip in the near future!
 
WHAT I'M LOVING...
I've been getting up early enough in the mornings to watch the sun rise and I LOVE seeing this pretty view.
 
 

And I know y'all are probably getting tired of my sunset pictures, but I've been loving watching the sunset in the evenings as well.
 
WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO...
We've been making the most of our summer here lately..
We visited gorgeous Cummins Falls a few weeks ago.
 
Celebrated our Anniversary in Nashville.
 

And had the best time this past weekend with my BIL and SIL at one of our friend's weddings. Chase and his brother were both groomsmen so my sister-in-law and I had a pool day, got ready together, and hung out a the wedding until the boys were free. ;) 
 
WHAT I'M DREADING...
Nothing at the moment.
 
WHAT I'M WORKING ON...
I've spent my summer working at our schools' summer program. We've taken weekly field trips, learned all about maps and traveling, taken walks around town, and had rainy popcorn and movie days. It's been a great experience, but I am READY to get to enjoy the last few weeks of summer.
 
WHAT I'M EXCITED ABOUT...
The end of summer school! After this week I will officially be starting my summer. I plan on sleeping in, spending my days by the pool, and possibly a short girls trip.
 
WHAT I'M WATCHING/READING...
I've been eating lunch and watching Fixer Upper on the afternoons when I only work half a day of summer school. Watching the newest season has me dying to go back to Waco ASAP.
 
WHAT I'M LISTENING TO...
Summertime always puts me in a 90s music kinda mood. Summer Hits of the 90s has been my go-to Pandora station here lately.
 
WHAT I'M WEARING...
I'm loving the off the shoulder/cold shoulder trend this summer.
This top is so cute paired with white jeans..
 
or shorts..
 
I wore this dress to a wedding over the weekend and again to church on Sunday and got so many compliments. I'm 5'2 and can rarely find a maxi dress that isn't way too long on me so I was pumped when I found this one and it was the perfect length.
 
Both my top and dress are from Francesca's.
 
WHAT I'M DOING THIS WEEKEND...
This weekend we're having a little 4th of July get-together at our house with some of our closest friends and we are so excited.
 
WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH...
Finally being able to enjoy my summer.
 
WHAT ELSE IS NEW...
Not much is new around here.
 
BONUS QUESTION: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE 4TH OF JULY TRADITION...
Last year we hosted a 4th of July party at our house with all of our closest friends, we grilled out, and then spent the rest of the evening by the fire just talking and hanging out and we're doing the exact same thing again this weekend. I'm hoping this will become our yearly tradition. ;)
 
Hope y'all have the best day!
XOXO

4 comments

  1. So many beautiful pictures!!! I love that off the shoulder top. Paired with the white shorts it looks great!! Where did you go on your honeymoon, again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We went to Seaside, Florida!

      Delete
  2. Happy anniversary! What a cute Top. And the wedding you went to looks absolutely beautiful. I'm a Fixer Upper fan too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The wedding was gorgeous! :)

      Delete